|I AM A DOCTOR AND PLANNING RESIDENCY
Apr 13, 2008
I am a doctor from africa and have passed usmle exams. I am HbsAg positive for 6 years. I am a healthy carrier. can I persue residency in internal medicine or family medicine? Do I need to disclose my status? If yes to whom?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Applications for residency will ask you questions about your personal health. It is there where you will disclose this issue which is important to your own health and important for patient care. If you are an inactive carrier, I would expect additional testing will be performed to be certain that you have no virus in your blood.
hepc & iron
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Constant Watery Vaginal Discharge
- Does Doxycycline Cure Gonorrhea And Chlamydia?
- Frequent Watery Vaginal Discharge With Bad Odor
- Contact With Vaginal Fluids When Removing The Condom HIV Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.