|I AM A DOCTOR AND PLANNING RESIDENCY
Apr 13, 2008
I am a doctor from africa and have passed usmle exams. I am HbsAg positive for 6 years. I am a healthy carrier. can I persue residency in internal medicine or family medicine? Do I need to disclose my status? If yes to whom?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Applications for residency will ask you questions about your personal health. It is there where you will disclose this issue which is important to your own health and important for patient care. If you are an inactive carrier, I would expect additional testing will be performed to be certain that you have no virus in your blood.
hepc & iron
- What Do The Open Sores Look Like In Your Mouth When You Get Hiv?
- Hiv Symptoms Getting Worse
- Do You Have Hiv If Your Skin Starts To Peel?
- Can You Transfer Hiv Through Aids Rashes And Bumps?
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- Yeast Infections And Shingles
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.