Apr 13, 2008
I had a RIBA test come up nonreactive can I still develop Hep C if I have the antibodies
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If your RIBA test - which is the most specific test and sensitive test for HCV infection - is negative, then you do not have HCV infection. Yes you can get infected if you are exposed since you have no evidence of prior infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Skin A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Sign Of Seroconversion
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Dry Mouth After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.