Apr 13, 2008
I had a RIBA test come up nonreactive can I still develop Hep C if I have the antibodies
Response from Dr. McGovern
If your RIBA test - which is the most specific test and sensitive test for HCV infection - is negative, then you do not have HCV infection. Yes you can get infected if you are exposed since you have no evidence of prior infection.
Hep A & B vaccination
I AM A DOCTOR AND PLANNING RESIDENCY
- Can U Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can And Std Cause Mouth Ulcers?
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Touching Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.