Hepatits B Surface Antigen?

If one tested negative for the Hepatitis B surface antigen and the Hepatits B core IGM antibody after 5 months (but had symptoms 3 months prior to that) would it be safe to say that the person was in the clear?

If I was infected with HepB wouldn't i have a positive surface antigen? Safe to say im good to go?

Yes I would agree that you are going to clear your infection. You should have testing at six months (after expsoure) to be certain that your surface antibody formed. I would consider yourself possibly contagious until you have documentation that your infection cleared.

Thank you.
Good to go?