Apr 13, 2008
I had my hepatitis vaccine about three weeks before getting a positif HIV test. It is possible that this vaccin interfered some how the results of the test? Should i take a new HIV test?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not expect a false positive HIV test in this circumstance. I think your doctor's next step will be to obtain an HIV RNA test to see how much virus is in your blood.
- What Do Non-reactive Results Mean On Hiv Testing?
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- Am Iallowed To Work In Hospital With Hepatitis B
- Thrush On Vagina
- When You Get Hiv When Do The Flu-like Symptoms Happen?
- Do Complete Blood Counts Include Hiv Testing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.