Apr 13, 2008
I had my hepatitis vaccine about three weeks before getting a positif HIV test. It is possible that this vaccin interfered some how the results of the test? Should i take a new HIV test?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not expect a false positive HIV test in this circumstance. I think your doctor's next step will be to obtain an HIV RNA test to see how much virus is in your blood.
- Life Span Of Hiv Virus Outside The Body
- Does Hiv Show Abnormal Complete Blood Counts?
- Can Hepatitis B Cause Low Platelets?
- Can Hiv Positive Females Have Ivf Fertilization?
- Could Hot Burning Sensation Be A Sign Of Hiv
- Can A Cbc Tell If There Is Hiv On A Person Who Has Not Been Tested For Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.