Apr 13, 2008
How long is the Hepatitis immunization good for and do you need a booster? Is there a blood test that I should have between?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
For hepatitis B, the vaccine works extremely well. We don't usually check if the vaccine works unless the patient has an immunodeficiency illness (like HIV) or if the patient has a sexual partner with HBV. The vaccine is long-lasting and if there is an exposure of concern - that is when antibodies are detected to be certain the vaccine is still protective.
However, if there is a reason you have a high level of concern, you only need to request a surface antibody - this will tell you whether you are still protected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Touching Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.