running on the treatment

I have Hep C and was diagnosed in 1999 having had it for 25 years. I am in good health for as luck would have it, I do not drink alcohol, smoke and am a vegetarian ( eat a lot of fish though). I am about to start the new interferon and ribitrin ( sp.) treatment and wonder what I can fortify my body with to allow me to keep running - as it is one thing that keeps me sane ( ish)! I did do the treatment 7 years ago and was not succesful in eliminating it. PS - after a biopsy a few months ago it was detected I was 3rd stage and my doctor is insiting I start the treatment asap. thanks - Mark

I agree with your doctor that it is important to start therapy.

I think that if you are a runner, it will be important to keep yourself well-hydrated during interferon/ribavirin therapy. That is my main message to you. Also - keep running - since my own experience tells me that my patients who continue to exercise seem to have less fatigue than the patients who don't.

SEROLOGY RESULTS
hepatitis