Apr 13, 2008
what do you mean by these results?
hep B core Ab, Tot = positive abnormal (i was worried about this??>)
HBsAg Screen = negative
hep B core Ab, Igm = negative
Response from Dr. McGovern
You do not have chronic infection. The core ab test could mean past infection with resolution or it could be a "false positive". I would suggest a test for surface antibody to help sort this out.
Hepatitis B Test Results
hep. b surf ab reactive
- Can Genital Warts Be Cured With Over The Counter Wart Medicine?
- Can You Have Sex While Being Treated For Std?
- Causative Agents Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Treatment For Laceration In Vaginal Opening
- Can AIDS Be Contracted By Fellatio?
- CAN I BE NEGATIVE IF MY PARTNER TESTED POSITIVE?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.