Apr 13, 2008
what do you mean by these results?
hep B core Ab, Tot = positive abnormal (i was worried about this??>)
HBsAg Screen = negative
hep B core Ab, Igm = negative
Response from Dr. McGovern
You do not have chronic infection. The core ab test could mean past infection with resolution or it could be a "false positive". I would suggest a test for surface antibody to help sort this out.
Hepatitis B Test Results
hep. b surf ab reactive
- Can Acupuncture Help Neuropathy?
- How Many Days After Having Sex Should I Test For Hiv?
- Can A Person Be Hiv Positive For Years And Have No Symptoms?
- Hiv Transmission From Sharing Chewing Gum
- How Long Should I Wait To Take An Hiv Test After Being Raped?
- Seborrheic Dermatitis And Early Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.