Apr 13, 2008
what do you mean by these results?
hep B core Ab, Tot = positive abnormal (i was worried about this??>)
HBsAg Screen = negative
hep B core Ab, Igm = negative
Response from Dr. McGovern
You do not have chronic infection. The core ab test could mean past infection with resolution or it could be a "false positive". I would suggest a test for surface antibody to help sort this out.
Hepatitis B Test Results
hep. b surf ab reactive
- Achy Balls After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.