For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Liver decompensation

Recently I asked a question about life expectancy with coinfection, possibly cirrhosis and HIV. If the HIV is undetectable and been through treatment, is liver decompensation a given and how far down the road? Could future therapies offset decompensation?

Decompensation is not a "given" - Decompensation can be a result of further insults to the liver - such as alcohol or cocaine.

I would do your best to take your HIV medications as well as possible and stay away from any potential toxins - like alcohol - and you should do well.

Remember that there are new therapies being developed for HCV as we speak.

ma'am pls help me out
test results