Apr 6, 2008
I have a question my boyfriend has hepatitis c And i wonder if he can pass it on to the baby Or me if i were to get pregnant?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C can be transmitted sexually but the risk is low among monogamous couples - about 1 to 2 percent.
I counsel couples that the CDC does not recommend condoms; however, I think this decision depends on both people - if there is no room for comfort with a 1 to 2 percent risk - then condoms are the right choice.
You can't pass on HCV to your baby unless you become infected yourself.
what does hepatitis b reactive mean?
hepatitis B cure
- Can You Get AIDS By Having Sex With Two Different Men Back To Back?
- How Do You Get Rid Of Gynecomastia?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Angular Chelitis?
- Can You Contract HIV From Touching Feces?
- Chance Of Getting AIDS From Licking Vagina
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Anal Sex With Condom
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.