Increased ALT

Dear Doc

I was feeling dizzy for a couple of days. Then i had high temperature that rose to 103. Doctors gave me augmentin 1000mg antibiotic. The temperature came under control. Doctors did my LFT, Blood CP, Urine Tests alongwith Hypetatis A, B, C and E. All results were negative except in LFT, ALT was found 450. Doctors repeated ALT after two days and found it to be 1250. They immediately stopped augmentin 1000mg antibiotic that i was taking for fever control. By that time fever was normal. This all episode is of three weeks back.

After one week of this episode i got my LFT again and then it was 256. Last week i got my LFT again and now it is 158.

Kindly advise me what to do. I have never taken drugs/ alcohol in my life. However i am fond of chicken and fast food.

BR Saqib

Augmentin can cause liver function test abnormalities and I suspect that is what caused you problems. When someone asks you about an allergy, I would list augmentin.

Hep C risk at gym?
what does hepatitis b reactive mean?