|Hep C risk at gym?
Apr 6, 2008
I have a question about the hepatitis C virus. Yesterday I was running on the treadmill at the gym and my hand bumped against one of the two handle bars on the front of the treadmill (where people's sweat drops as they run on the treadmill). After I bumped my hand, I noticed that a small cut on my knuckle opened up and was oozing a little bit of blood. Is it possible to contract the hep C virus in this fashion? The place that my hand hit is a place where sweat drops as people run on the treadmill. Please let me know if this is a possibility, as I am very worried!
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not consider this a risk
Hep B - 2 questions
- Is Hair Loss An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Sore Throat A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Does Hpv Last In The Immune System?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.