|positive for hepc antibodies
Apr 6, 2008
If I tested pos. for Hep.c antibodies,would I have been told that I needed further medical attention if I had a chronic infection? The medical care giver only said I had the antiboby,they never said I should seek further treatment and none was offered,should I be seeking further medical attention?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes - if you are at low risk, you should have a confirmatory RIBA test. If you are at risk, you should have testing of liver function tests and HCV RNA to see if the infection is still in your system.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- I Have The Antibodies For Hep C What Does That Mean
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Chances Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.