|Can HB vaccine cause a positive HB test?
Apr 6, 2008
Hi there!! I have a question, I had the first Hep B vaccine applied a day before i donated blood, then i got a letter from the red cross saying that they tested my blood for different things and that i might have Hep B. Is it at all posible that the test might have come out positive because i had just gotten the vaccine for it? Thanks so much!! I appreciate it!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I don't think so. They may have detected a core antibody, which can be falsely positive in about 5 % of all blood donors.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Drinking Water Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.