|Can HB vaccine cause a positive HB test?
Apr 6, 2008
Hi there!! I have a question, I had the first Hep B vaccine applied a day before i donated blood, then i got a letter from the red cross saying that they tested my blood for different things and that i might have Hep B. Is it at all posible that the test might have come out positive because i had just gotten the vaccine for it? Thanks so much!! I appreciate it!
Response from Dr. McGovern
I don't think so. They may have detected a core antibody, which can be falsely positive in about 5 % of all blood donors.
HBv B Acute positive & risk of HIV after negative test
positive for hepc antibodies
- Is Flaky Skin An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Risk Of Sex With A Prostitute
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.