HBv B Acute positive & risk of HIV after negative test

Dear Mrs. McGovern, I feel very bad writing again, as I have read in previous answers you get up at 6 am to answer on your free time. Is there any chance you can answer my previous mail? On March 3rd I was tested positive for Hepatitis B Acute. Symptoms started actually 2nd half of January. When I tested positive for Hepatitis B, I was tested for Hepatitis C and HIV. Both came negative. I am very concerned I might still test positive for HIV. I had an HIV test at end of July 07, which was also negative. I have heard that normally people test 1st positive for HIV if they are infected at same time with HIV and Hepatitis B. Can you please share your opinion? Whereas there are many statistis about co-infection from HIV to Hepatitis B, there is not much literature on Hepatitis B and HIV. My GPT on March 3rd was 2527. Now it is below 1500 (10 days ago), and will test again on Wednesday. Thank you in advance, and regardless of answer or not, I will keep my pledge to get involved and support also financially HIV causes. Until now the strong stigma and fear kept me away from dealing with such calamity, almost pretending it does not exist. The trauma of being HBv Acute positive and still uncertainty about HIV has led me to read more and gain both, courage and interest. Please let me know where and how can I donate. I live in Italy.

You are right that there is almost nothing written about this circumstance. I would advise that you have repeat HIV testing at 3, 6 and 12 months since this is the recommendation for follow-up testing for those who develop acute HCV infection. I think that if you don't have surface antigen at 3 months, you are probably safe. I would test further out just to be sure.

Hepatitis B
Can HB vaccine cause a positive HB test?