Apr 6, 2008
I got some blood work done regarding Hepatitis B within the last 2 weeks and I am pragnant. Can you please explain what my results mean....
Varicella Zoster virus Iggi-positive
Hepb Surface Ag-negative
HepB surface Ab- >1000
HepB core Ab-positive
HepB coreAb Interp-Consistent with previous Hepatitis B
HepC Ab negative
Can you please tell me what you think the blood test might mean?
Thank you so much for your time.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It appears that you had past HBV infection. This is not a potential hazard to your baby since you have cleared the infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Treatment For Vaginal Dryness And Tightness
- Uncommon Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.