|Hep B Antigen Postive
Apr 6, 2008
Hi, I was just diganosed with hep b positive antigen. I have just completed the ultrasound and it shows my liver is good. My docotor told me I will have this for life and I can infect people all my life? Is this true? Is there treatment that I can take to get ride of this? I am only 32 years old and was always healthy. I worked in the medical field before and most like recieved this in my past.. with the results I have recieved is this acute or chroic?
Response from Dr. McGovern
To be sure this is chronic, you will need testing again in six months. Patients who develop liver disease do go on therapy. You will need serial monitoring of your liver function tests and your HBeAntigen and HBV DNA levels to determine whether or not you should have a liver biopsy and possibly treatment.
- Does Hiv Causes Change In Hair?
- What Is The Difference Between Herpes And Shingles?
- What Does A Syphilis Rash Look Like?
- What Does A Herpes Rash On The Face Look Like?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.