Hep B Antigen Postive

Hi, I was just diganosed with hep b positive antigen. I have just completed the ultrasound and it shows my liver is good. My docotor told me I will have this for life and I can infect people all my life? Is this true? Is there treatment that I can take to get ride of this? I am only 32 years old and was always healthy. I worked in the medical field before and most like recieved this in my past.. with the results I have recieved is this acute or chroic?

To be sure this is chronic, you will need testing again in six months. Patients who develop liver disease do go on therapy. You will need serial monitoring of your liver function tests and your HBeAntigen and HBV DNA levels to determine whether or not you should have a liver biopsy and possibly treatment.

Hepa B
HBV