|Interpret hepatitis results
Apr 6, 2008
could you interpret the following results: Hepatits B DNA (RT-PCR, TaqMaN) .... 2233 IU/ml (<12/ml) comment: 1 IU equals to 5.82copies / ml. I was diagnosed with hep B five years ago while donating blood so no indication when I could have been infected.
Response from Dr. McGovern
You have virus in your blood. You will need further monitoring of liver function tests and HBV DNA over time to see if you need consideration of biopsy and treatment.
Technically possible to naturally clear Hep. C. during the chronic stage?
Possible transmission ???HELP! worried
- Can A Blood Test Tell You If You Have An Std?
- Short Term And Long Term Effects Of Genital Herpes
- Will Rinsing Your Mouth With Peroxide Help Thrush?
- Bilirubin And ALT Elevated With Tired, Weakness, Fever
- Can Hiv Transmitted Through Sucking Breast?
- Can I Catch Aids From Kissing With A Mouth Ulcer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.