Apr 6, 2008
my father has liver failer from alcohol .how long can a person live with this ,he has bloated stomach an doctors cant do anything for him
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It sounds like his liver is in the most advanced stages of failure. Bloating of the stomach may be related to fluid in the abdomen. Alcohol can unfortunately damage the liver beyond repair.
I would speak to his physicians about his exact case to ask your question about life expectancy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dark Bumps After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Fisting Worried I Have
- Rash After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.