Symptoms before results show virus

Thanks for your kindness to others in need.I had possible exposure with high risk .I tested twice for Hep B, once after 5 weeks and once after 8 1/2 weeks hep B surface ag,and hep C ab, results were non reactive,I have pains all around my mid ribcage to lower abdom for about 6 weeks now.Is it possible to have such strong symptoms before it would show up in blood tests.Im so worried that i cant get a diagnosis to get treatment,and i cant afford the DNA tests,can i relax and rely on 2 months period,Thanks very much and may you be blessed with stregnth to help others

Most hepatitis C infections are detected by 3 months although we usually test until six months.

Most hepatitis B infections result in detectable surface antigen by 10 weeks, which indicates active infection. This is one of the tests that are used for diagnosis.

It sounds like you should be seen by your doctor for your symptoms, although I am not sure they have anything to do with hepatitis. If you are concerned about the money for testing, I would suggest simple liver function tests. If these are normal, I would hold on further testing for hepatitis viruses.

Best regards,

HVC Antibodies
liver failer