Apr 6, 2008
I tested positive for HVC antibodies <1.11 my doctor ran a HVC AB RIBA test and it came back nonreactive he thinks it was passed to me by my mother, she almost died of hep(dont know what type) when she was a little girl but somehow she pulled through with no medicine ect. anyhow I was just trying to find out what this means, I am not in the high risk group ect.
Response from Dr. McGovern
If your RIBA is non-reactive, then you are not infected with hepatitis C. This test is the most specific and reliable test. The other test (probably an ELISA) can be a false positive.
Symptoms before results show virus
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Chancroid Symptoms
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.