HVC Antibodies

I tested positive for HVC antibodies <1.11 my doctor ran a HVC AB RIBA test and it came back nonreactive he thinks it was passed to me by my mother, she almost died of hep(dont know what type) when she was a little girl but somehow she pulled through with no medicine ect. anyhow I was just trying to find out what this means, I am not in the high risk group ect.

If your RIBA is non-reactive, then you are not infected with hepatitis C. This test is the most specific and reliable test. The other test (probably an ELISA) can be a false positive.

Hepatitis B
Symptoms before results show virus