|hepatitis c virus
Mar 28, 2008
what causes hepatitis c virus? was it my partner's drinking? or his past sex history? I have been with him for 1 year, and he just got diagnosed. please help clear some air.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C was spread in the past through contaminated blood products; today the most common route is injection drug use. Sexual transmission is uncommon. You will want to discuss risk factors further with your partner.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hepatitis E Virus Is Transmitted Primarily By What Route
- Can Famciclovir Result In False Negative Tests?
- Can Someone Else Get Stds By Touching Your Sperm?
- Changed Two Condoms During Sex And Received Unprotected Oral Sex
- Difference Between ARS AND HIV
- Having Other Stds Will Not Affect The Hiv Antibody Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.