Hep B Test Question

My Husband recently went in for a physical and was told some bloodwork was abnormal so he had more done. He was told by the Doctor today that he has Hep B but after looking at the paperwork I am confused. It says Hepatitis B Surface - REACTIVE but the Antigen Confirmation is - NON-REACTIVE. If he truly has Hep B why is the Antigen Confirmation - NON-REACTIVE? Did the Doctor jump the gun with a diagnosis? Thanks for your time.

All surface antigen tests for hepatitis B must be confirmed to be certain that it is a true positive. It sounds like your husband does not have chronic infection. I would discuss further with your physician.

Gardenal on Gilbert's disease
LAB RESULTS