Mar 21, 2008
hello doctor......., i want to ask a small question..if a person infected by hbv is completely cured by medicine baraclude(i.e.,.there is no hbv virus in his blood after treating) , is there is any chance of reappearence of hbv virus in his blood in his life time.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes - particularly if you started with e antigen negative infection. You will want to ask your doctor about your e antigen status at baseline prior to treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Precautions For Caring For Hepatitis C Patients
- How Long Does It Take To Show Signs Of Hepatitis C?
- How Long To Wait For Titer After Hep B?
- Is Sore Throat An Hiv Symptom?
- Do People Usually Get Symptoms Right Away With Hiv?
- How Long Can You Test Negative For Hiv While Actually Being Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.