Have Hep B for 9 years and havn't been treated; need Medicine

I have chronic HepB for 8 years now. I went to a specialist at USC who said that I could be in a clinical trials program. I opted out. He told me to research the medicine options for HepB on my own and let him know which I preferred. I went back to my psychian who said if you have no symptoms don't take any of the medication. My SGOT = 51, SGPT = 89. All I can do is supress the HepB...you never really get rid of it..just contain it. Should I go on Interferon, Lamivudine, or Adeforir? Are there better drugs now? The specialist wanted me to go on some clinical trials and chances are I would of got the placebo pills. Should I be taking medication? I pay for my own health insurance monthyly...what are some ways I can pay for the treatment.

You are correct in that most of the time we refer to viral suppression - not cure. The best drug for you will depend on several factors, such as other comorbidities (eg, depression, which may be a problem in taking interferon) and your E antigen status (I like interferon here since the seroconversion rates are about 1/3 of patients).

You should also discuss with your physician if you will have access to the study drug eventually, even if you get placebo at first.

I would not base a treatment decision based on symptoms or no symptoms. I would base it on a liver biopsy.

Is there a real risk or am I overreacting about HCV? Please Help!
about hbv