Is there a real risk or am I overreacting about HCV? Please Help!

Dear Barbara McGovern!

I have read that snorting drugs is a risk factor for HCV. Is this true? Has there been some real cases to proof that? Have you met anybody who have gotten HCV this way?

I have snorted ONCE with my friend using the same bill that She used 1 hour before me and did not see any traces of blood on it. How big risk is that in a real life? We have no history of injecting drug use and no other risk behaviour.

Should I get tested? If I want a RNA PCR test, how long after exposure it will show if I have it. I really dont want to wait for 6 months for regular antibody test.

Thank you so much for your help! You are a wonderful person!

Sharing straws is listed as a risk factor. However, the study that showed that to be the case did not ask study participants about injection drug use, so I think we really don't know just how risky it is. I suspect the risk is quite low.

I would get tested for peace of mind, but I also wouldn't lose sleep over it.

other meds
Have Hep B for 9 years and havn't been treated; need Medicine