Mar 21, 2008
How do you get Hep C? I was just told today that I have hep c and don't know how I could have gotten it. Thank you
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Mainly through injection drug use, a past blood transfusion prior to 1992, and uncommonly through sex. If you think you are not at risk, it can also be a false positive. In this case, you can get a RIBA test to be certain. Discuss this with your physician.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv From Eating Feces?
- When A Woman With Hiv Gives Birth Naturally What Are The Risks?
- Effects Of Smoking Addiction On Peripheral Neuropathy
- Do Hiv Symptoms Come And Go?
- Do Dental Dams Protect From Hiv And Stds?
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.