Stage 3

Thank you for answering my first question. According to what I read in the report, it is cirrosis, stage 3. Now, I may be wrong, or they wrote it wrong as cirrosis, but is "stage 3". If it is cirrosis stage 3, what does it mean? Thanks!!

There are several scoring systems for cirrhosis. Most in the US use a score from 0 to 4 with 4 representing cirrhosis. However, there is another scoring system that uses 0 to 3.

Anyway, if you are certain you saw the word cirrhosis, then you need to talk to your physician about whether you should have an endoscopy to see if you have esophageal varices - big blood vessels in your swallowing tube that leads to the stomach. You will also want to get regular ultrasounds and other blood tests.

You will want to also make sure your vaccinations are uptodate and complete. Avoid all alcohol and ask your doctor about the status of your cirrhosis. This is not a stage or grade question, but a clinical opinion about the functioning of your liver.

Have I offended you, Dr. McGovern?
LFT