|hcv, oral sex and delayed seroconversion
Mar 20, 2008
hi doc.! i have some questions: if the only sexual exposure that one has had consists in giving a guy oral sex (unprotected and without ejaculation) would you suggest hcv tested??? how accurate and realiable would a negative rapid hiv test performed 33 weeks after this kind of exposure ??should the possibilitty of a delayed seconversion would be considered and then, to get hiv retested?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not consider this a high risk exposure for HCV. Your HIV follow-up is complete.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Get Genital Warts?
- Most Common Std's Among College Students
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.