Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Interpret lab result
Mar 20, 2008

Good day ma'm. Im cheng from the philippine, i was diagnose to have hepa B.my dr told me to undergo blood test for HBsAg.The result are HBsAg 814.1 reactive (unit: CO1, reference value more than 1, Anti-HBs <2.00 non-reactive (unit IU/I, reference value more than 10) Anti-HBc Total 0.007 reactive (Units CO1, reference value less than 1) HBeAg 0.123 nonreactive ( unit CO1 reference value more than 1, Anti-HBe 0.003 reactive ( Unit CO1, reference value less than 1 and Anti-HAV IgM 0.397 nonreactive (unit CO1 reference value more than 1).Ma'm this is my 1st laboratory test and my doctor told me to take Adefovir Hepsera, after 3 months i took another laboratory test Hbs Ag 3.450 cut off value 0.105 reactive, Anti Hbs 0.019 cut off value 0.105 non reactive, HbeAg 0.104 non reactive cut off value 0.150, Anti Hbe 0.370 reactive cut off value 0.603, Anti Hbc IgM 0.042 non reactive cut off value 0.105 and Anti HAV IgM 0.057 non reactive cut off value 0.150. Mam what does this mean, is my HepB virus increases or decreases. My dr. told me that my lab result differs in reference value. Mam please help me. Mam could please interpret these lab result. I want to cured of these disease. Thank very much and God Bless You and Your Family.

Response from Dr. McGovern

When following treatment response to hep B treatment, an HBV DNA level at baseline before therapy should be checked and its response over time should be followed. HBV DNA tells you how much virus is in your blood.

Also I usually get a liver biopsy if I am considering treatment, especially in someone with Hepatitis B infection with e antigen negative disease, since long-term therapy is required.

Previous
Hepa B
Next
hcv, oral sex and delayed seroconversion

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.