Mar 20, 2008
I got HbsAg in 1996 and also HbeAg .After 5yearslater nothing found and then i took injection for portection but 6 month later I found HbsAg again in my body.I t's(HbsAg) still in my body in 2008.Due to my doctor ,need to test HbsDNA for furture test.Am i need to test HbsDNA?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes you should have serial testing of HBV DNA and liver function tests (ALT and AST) over time to see if you are an "inactive carrier" or if you have "active" HBV. Disease activity and severity is determined by a liver biopsy.
Mix up between Twinrix and Hep B vaccine
- Is Blood In Urine An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Swollen Lymph Nodes A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dry Mouth After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- How Does Thrush Spread To Other People?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.