|5 weeks conclusive ?
Mar 18, 2008
Hi, thanks for all your dedication to help others.I was tested for hep B after 5 weeks of possible exposure with high risk vaginal unprotected sex and seven weeks after mtm oral unprotected sex including finger to rectum inserts,the results were non reactive,is this enough time for conclusive test. i have some discomfort pains in upper right side, thinking it might be symptoms of HBV. thanks so much
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The CDC suggests that the time after exposure in which you expect to see HB surface antigen is about four weeks with a range of 1 to 9 weeks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.