5 weeks conclusive ?
Mar 18, 2008
Hi, thanks for all your dedication to help others.I was tested for hep B after 5 weeks of possible exposure with high risk vaginal unprotected sex and seven weeks after mtm oral unprotected sex including finger to rectum inserts,the results were non reactive,is this enough time for conclusive test. i have some discomfort pains in upper right side, thinking it might be symptoms of HBV. thanks so much
Response from Dr. McGovern
The CDC suggests that the time after exposure in which you expect to see HB surface antigen is about four weeks with a range of 1 to 9 weeks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dark Bumps After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.