Mar 18, 2008
my brother is waiting for a liver transplant he has hepc,can i give him a part of my liver .if so is it riskier for him than a doner?also i am diabetic type 2
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am not an expert in the area of transplantation. I would be concerned that your diabetes may be a concern, however, for your own health in taking a lobe of your liver. Discuss this further with your brother's hepatologist.
Too late for Hep B vaccination
HbsAg, Anti-HbsAg Results
- Hep A And B How Much Time Between 2nd And 3rd Shot
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Ulcers And Herpes Simplex 1?
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- What Is The Worst Hpv Type?
- What Does Being A Carrier Of Herpes Mean?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.