Mar 18, 2008
my brother is waiting for a liver transplant he has hepc,can i give him a part of my liver .if so is it riskier for him than a doner?also i am diabetic type 2
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am not an expert in the area of transplantation. I would be concerned that your diabetes may be a concern, however, for your own health in taking a lobe of your liver. Discuss this further with your brother's hepatologist.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.