Too late for Hep B vaccination
Mar 18, 2008
Hi, I had a possible exposure on Jan 3rd. I tested at 34 days negative for surface and the paper just said negative. It's now been 2 1/2 months since possible exposure. I plan to get retested in a couple weeks. 1. How reliable is 34 day test results? 2. Is it too late to get vaccinated?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The incubation period for HBV is long so you will need further testing. It is too late after exposure for vaccine to prevent infection from this past exposure; however, I would still discuss vaccination with your health care provider to prevent future exposures, since hopefully, this last exposure will not lead to infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sinus Infection An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Risk Of Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.