Mar 17, 2008
my hushand thinks you can get hep c from sharing a cig can you
| Response from Dr. McGovern
There is some suggestion that you can get HCV from sharing intranasal cocaine straws. However, that is based on the fact that sometimes people who snort cocaine often start to have breakdown of normal tissues in their nasal passages, which leads to bleeding. It is the HCV-contaminated blood from this person that then can be passed to another person who also has breakdown of nasal passages. Thereby you get blood to blood exposure.
With all that said, injection drug use is a MUCH MORE efficient mode of transmission of HCV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Sore On Mouth Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Swollen Lymph Glands A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.