Hepatitis B from an ER?
Mar 17, 2008
Hello. Just wondering how likely it would be for someone who does not have Hepatitis B vaccine to contract Hep B during an ER visit? I notice some things such as the curtains, walls, and chairs dont look greatly cleaned. Plus the occasional blood drop on the floor. Would an ER visit pose a great concern? Or is that safe?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B is transmitted by blood to blood contact - mainly through injection drug use and sexual intercourse.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Touching Dried Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Frequent Watery Vaginal Discharge With Bad Odor
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.