Mar 8, 2008
Thank you for your time reading this question.
I would like to know if there is a window period for testing positive for hep c??? I did std and hiv testing and everything came back negative, is there special testing for hep c???? I am not a idu, I am scared of needles. I just made a bad sexual decision.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is uncommonly spread through sexual transmission. There are increasing numbers of cases of acute HCV in men who have sex with men. The risk of transmission seeems to go up in association with trauma or in the presence of other ulcers.
Unfortunately, there is still no vaccine for HCV.
You can discuss your risk with your physician and your immunization status to determine what other testing should be done.
elevated liver enzymes
hepa b antibody
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vaginitis Caused By Laundry Detergent
- What Does Smelly Watery Vaginal Discharge Mean?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.