|elevated liver enzymes
Mar 8, 2008
I have recently been told that I have elevated liver enzymes and currently waiting on results of Hep C blood test. I was admitted to hospital 6 weeks ago with abdominal pain but no cause was found then. Since then I have really aching legs paticularly around the knee and ankle joints and find I am nauseated sometimes during the day. Are these also symptons of hep C?
Response from Dr. McGovern
That would be one possibility. However, hepatitis - which means inflammation of the liver - can cause nausea, regardless of the cause.
HEPATITIS B SURF.AB.
- Have There Been Any Cases Of Transmission Of Hiv By Skin Contact
- Will There Be A Cure For Hpv In The Future?
- What Does Chlamydia Discharge In Women Look Like?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They First Start?
- Can You Get Vaginosis From A Latex Condom?
- Underlying Conditions That Cause Shingles
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.