HEPATITIS B SURF.AB.

HI DR Barbara,

Please explain me the meaning of hepatitis B surf.AB.86.0 antibody present and detected. I am very nervous to have this report. I don't drink don't smoke or taking any drugs except generic vitamins.I am 49 now.Please guide me.

Thank you Brahm

If the surface antibody is present all by itself, it means that you were vaccinated against HBV in the past and you are protected.

If the surface antibody is present along with core antibody, then you were exposed to hepatitis B in the past, but you cleared your infection. You are then not at risk for liver disease.

hbv dna test
elevated liver enzymes