HEPATITIS B SURF.AB.
Mar 8, 2008
HI DR Barbara,
Please explain me the meaning of hepatitis B surf.AB.86.0 antibody present and detected. I am very nervous to have this report. I don't drink don't smoke or taking any drugs except generic vitamins.I am 49 now.Please guide me.
Thank you Brahm
Response from Dr. McGovern
If the surface antibody is present all by itself, it means that you were vaccinated against HBV in the past and you are protected.
If the surface antibody is present along with core antibody, then you were exposed to hepatitis B in the past, but you cleared your infection. You are then not at risk for liver disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Cough An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- How Common Are Oral Warts?
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.