Mar 7, 2008
My mom has Hep C and cant get treatment because she doesnt have insurance! What do i do!?!? Shes had it for over 18 years... She needs help!
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would look for a local chapter of the Hepatitis C Foundation in your area to get some advice for referrals. Also, most academic facilities have programs for "free care" that you can apply for. Once you get a physician, you can then get applications for interferon and ribavirin from either Roche or Schering-Plough.
Am I coinfected? please answer I am very scared
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What To Put On Shingles Scabs?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Time It Takes To Get Genital Warts After Exposure
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used To Treat Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.