HCV & LUPUS

HI DR. MG WELL I WAS FOUND TO HAVE HCV IN 2001 AND THEY STATE THEY WERE GOING TO WAIT FOR TRAETMENT BECAUSE OF MY LACK OF INSURANCE NOW IN 2008 I'AM HAVING SYMPTOMS OF LUPUS HIGH FEVER RASH MOUTH ULCERS EXTREME FATIGUE JOINT AND MUSCLE PAIN ECT. ASKED MY DOCTOR TO DO ANA BLOOD TEST HE STATES THAT THERE IS NO NEED THAT IT WOULD COME UP POSITIVE FOR LUPUS ASKED HIM FOR HIS NEXT COURSE OF ACTION THAT I AM UNABLE TO WORK BECAUSE OF BEING SO SYMPTOMATIC HE SAID THAT HE WOULD CONTACT HIS INTERNS TO SEE WHAT WE WOULD DO NEXT. SO I GUESS I'AM CONFUSED IF HE KNEW I HAVE LUPUS WHY DID HE NOT INFORM ME? OR WHY NOT DO THE TEST TO BE SURE OR IS IT SYMPTOMS OS HCV? PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT SHOULD I ASK OR TALK TO HIM ABOUT NEXT ? ROBBIN

I would not expect your symptoms to represent HCV infection. They are consistent with Lupus. You will want to see an expert rheumatologist.

AM I AT RISK
latest DNA result