Very Very Scared.. Please answer

Hi Doc.

I was diagnosed with HepB 3 years back and results were as follows... HBeag neg, ALT 28 AST 38 HBV DNA undetectable.

Now after 3 years... I did the test and the results are as follows.

HBV DNA weakly detected... Hbeag Neg Alt 22 AST 32

Im very scared... My GI had told me that I shall be an inactive carrier for the whole life... but now how did the virus get weakly detectable..? Do I need to start treatment asap? Im gonna get married... Is it possible for me to infect my fiancee by wet kissing...?

Please help......

Very scared........

It is good news that you are an inactive carrier. But you will always need follow-up to be certain that your disease stays inactive.

Your partner should get vaccinated against hepatitis B to be certain that she is immunized. She should have testing of surface antibodies after getting her series of shots to be certain that the immunization worked. It usually does and is extremely protective.

You do not pass hepatitis B through kissing.

Vegas Exposure
Pregnant Mother with Hepa B