cut to cut?

My friend picked up my toddler. I then noticed she had an open bleeding cut on her thumb. My toddler had skinned the back of his hand that morning and it had bled a little (so he had a cut a few millimeters in diameter which was a few hours old). My friend's only risk factor (as far as I'm aware) is frequent professional manicures. Do I need to worry about my son being exposed to hepatitis c after this exposure? My friend's cut hand and my son's cut hand touched as they held hands. Thanks for your time and, in advance, for your answer.

Concerned mother

I would not be concerned about this potential "exposure". Your friend does not have any known risk factors and the possibility that blood traversed from one small wound to another sounds extremely unlikely. I would not pursue any evaluation.

symptoms of hepatitis C
Hepa B