Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

can i have normal sex after wife vaccinated
Feb 19, 2008

I'm infected hepatitis b. I consult with doctor he said my infection is only carrier and advised me to give vaccination to my would be before marrage. My question is can i have normal sex without using condems after she given all complete doeses of vaccination.will it completly protect my wife and my future child from hepatitis b infection. Pls help me in this regards

Response from Dr. McGovern

I would first have your wife tested to be certain that she formed protective antibodies to the vaccine - in other words be certain that the vaccine worked. Also ask your physician how often he wants her to be checked for her surface antibodies since she may need an occasional booster vaccine over time to keep her antibody levels high.

As long as she does not acquire HBV, there is no risk to a future baby.

Previous
Hep A vaccine 3 yrs ago?
Next
hep B/child

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.